Have you got your Mother's Day gift yet?
You can never go wrong with fresh flowers from a Secret Harbour Florist
With Mother's Day just around the corner now if the time to place your orders to ensure your gift is delivered on time.
Mother's Day is one of a kind event that celebrates, honours, salutes and cherishes the woman who has been instrumental in shaping your life. Our Mothers never ask for anything in return for all the love and compassion they offer.
So it is on this special day we thank and honour them for all they have done for us, by sending the gift of fresh flowers. Shop our range of beautiful Mother's Day flowers and make this Mother's Day the best yet!
Why choose flowers for Mother's Day?
Flowers are a tradition for Mother's Day that dates back to the early 1900s if not earlier. However, tradition is not the only reason you should pick flowers. A floral arrangement can suit any mothers style, yes the pinks and purples are more common but any arrangements can be a Mother's Day arrangement.
What type of flowers should I pick?
- Carnations are regarded as a symbol of the eternal love that a mother has for her children. In many countries across the world, Mother’s Day celebrations are incomplete without carnations. Pink or white carnations, with their distinctive and delicate petals, are a popular choice for Mother’s Day. While pink carnations symbolise a mother’s undying love, white carnations are often worn by people in memory of their mother. Light red carnations are yet another popular choice for Mother’s Day as they symbolise admiration. Dark red carnations are a good idea if you’re sending flowers to your partner on Mother’s Day.
- chrysanthemums - In Australia, chrysanthemums are the most popular Mother’s Day flowers, not only because the flower has the word “mum” in it but also because it is abundantly available in May. Symbolically, chrysanthemums are associated with friendship and support from one’s family. You might want to keep it simple and gift mum a bouquet of chrysanthemums or splurge on an extravagant arrangement with chrysanthemums - either way, it’s the sentiment that counts!
- Tulips - with their many enchanting colours and graceful petals are suited for both elaborate cut flower arrangements and bouquets. It’s little wonder then that tulips have emerged as one of the world’s most loved flowers - your mum will love them too! When opting for tulips as a contemporary Mother’s Day gift, colours such as pink, yellow, or purple go well with the theme. Pink tulips denote happiness making them ideal to celebrate motherhood. Looking to cheer up mum who’s been facing tough times of late? Then yellow tulips are best as they represent cheer and hope. Purple tulips might not be your first choice for Mother’s Day, but did you know they express admiration? If you’re ordering a bouquet of tulips for your partner to celebrate Mother’s Day, you could even choose red tulips, which represent deep love.
- Lily - few flowers come close to the timeless beauty of a lily. It’s a flower that holds a special place in many different cultures around the world. The lily as a Mother’s Day gift is no different as the flower symbolises fertility and motherhood in many cultures! There are hundreds of lily varieties around the world but the Oriental lilies are preferred because they last longer, come in a wide range of colours, and carry a distinctively regal look.
- Roses - aren’t just for Valentine’s Day! When you want to pamper that special person in your life, a bouquet of fresh roses never fails. Make your Mother’s Day flowers truly memorable by going beyond the grocery store roses. Why not order a bouquet of premium roses online and have them delivered to mum in style? Tell mum how much you love and appreciate her with a bouquet of pink roses. If you want to add more depth to your message, send her white roses as they stand for purity and dignity. Yellow roses exude happiness and joy. Rainbow roses are also apt for the day if mum loves something unique and colourful! Read our guide to gifting roses by colour and meaning for more.
Some other great Local Perth Businesses that can help you find the perfect mother's day gift